3.24.2009

So I like this quote I heard today. I have heard it a few times before and always thought it was kinda *corny* even though I usually LOVE corny stuff. David *my amazing bf* and I were watching our usual nightly line-up of Seinfeld & Family Guy and I heard the quote. Stewie said it...

"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you're right."

The more I really think about this saying the more I like it, the more it really means something. I try to think about it in real life situations and honestly, I completely believe it. The power of the mind is so intense. You do have control over how situations play out in your life according to how you think about it and how you really want it to work.

I told David this. I reminded him of it and will continue to, but mostly because of his current situation. David is an amazing person. He is smart and sensitive and funny. I really could not have found a more perfect guy.. for me. We are so unbelievably compatible and I know with that, plus having the same interests and morals and values, we will be able to get through anything together. *more about David & me later* .....He is incredibly intelligent. He is a network engineer.. yea, I try to be funny and tell my friends he is my "computer nerd" and he DOES NOT think that is funny... because he works on NETWORKS, not computers. *hehe* He has invested SOOO much $$ and SOOO many long hours in studying for this ^Expert^ exam. He is taking his test Thursday so he can get his "number" and be deemed a ***C.C.I.E*** (yes, that required all of those asterisks). This is a BIG DEAL. Such a BIG DEAL that he has been a slave to all his equipment for weeks straight studying... and studying... and studying... well, he has gotten to the point of no return (really cause I am taking him to the airport tomorrow, so he has no choice) and I think his big brain is so overloaded he is thinking negatively. I will not allow that. #1 because I know he smart enough to pass it, but #2 because I really believe in the power of positive influence.

I want to be his positive influence.

So, I related it to him, just like Stewie said... "Babe, you have to think & know you will pass because that in itself will help you pass. If you think negatively like you won't, you are just ruining it for yourself before you even get a chance to take it." Geez I mean at least pretend you think you can and make you mind happy.. I just completely believe staying positive will help boost his adrenaline and confidence and calm his mind, so he can breeze through it, PASS, and come back home to me ;)


Moral of the story is... STAY POSITIVE in all you do. It may be hard at times not to doubt yourself or situation, but just remember... there is such a *power in positive influence*, even just within yourself. So think optimistically, and know you have the control in your life. Mind over matter, and heart over it all *smile*

David & Me in front of our house :)

No comments:

Post a Comment