3.28.2009

"The only way to enjoy anything in this life is to earn it first."

I just took my first Photography class (101) this week!! *so excited* Although I only have a little point-and-shoot (Sony Cyber-shot.. I'm not knocking it, it really is great) I am still learning a lot and actually using settings on my 'little one' that I have never ventured to use or ever understood before (yes, I call him little one because he is like my child. he goes everywhere with me. I use him more than my cell phone. He must be homosexual, I mean come on he obviously knows the best shots to take and he is pink... *smile*)

I have tried different shots, of different things, using the different settings and just *experimenting* so far.. I like being able to find a subject and practice various settings to make the picture come out better. That, I feel, is the only way I will ever get "better" at it on the first snap or two.. practice. But, I will admit that practice is hard work. I mean even though I might be doing something I really enjoy, the whole process takes time and effort... but that is what makes it good AND worthwhile. You put your heart into it add time + effort + honest commitment and you will find yourself happily encouraged and performing to the best of your abilities. Plus, it feels great. Have you ever really worked toward something? I mean really put your heart & soul & effort into something you were passionate about and gave it your all? Not something half-ass you were made to do and you just scraped by, but something you really got into and were proud of afterward? I am looking to take on this "state of mind" in all that I do...

So my quote for today is: "The only way to enjoy anything in this life is to earn it first."

You can really apply this to any situation in life. Whether it is related to a trade you are learning *like my photography* or even opening your mind to new ideas in life *say, relationship improvement* you have to accept that it all will take time and effort. But, once you truly work on it and EARN it for yourself it will feel like you just won a million dollars.

And I think that is totally worth it *smile*

Here are a few of my "new shots"... they don't look much different than everything else I have ever taken, but I can tell my mind is expanding and they WILL be better soon!:

This second one is where I am taking my Photography Class *smile*

Oh, don't worry there will be many many more...

No comments:

Post a Comment